The Sustainability Coordinator is accountable for, and will direct, PHA’s internal efforts to promote the “Sustainable” initiatives and serve as the agency representative and spokesperson advancing sustainability and environmental initiatives. This position will ensure that all sustainability related activities are carried out in ways to support PHA’s goals and applicable laws and regulations.
— Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leads the internal ” Sustainable Working Group” in the planning, development and implementation of sustainable initiatives with the approval of the President & CEO and the Board of Commissioners.
- Manages the inter-departmental efforts in developing strategies, standards and best practices which will help the agency in reducing: resources, energy, pollution and waste.
- Manages contracts with the sustainable or energy related consultants contracts and supervise the sustainability support staff.
- Manages the HUD system to track and monitor the “Affordable Green Initiatives for Accreditation” to ensure all the tasks are met and internal reports are prepared accurately.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive sustainability master plan that incorporates sustainability practices for PHA and updates the plan annually.
- Assists in the development and implementation of outreach efforts for residents and staff engagement for internal sustainability programs; ensures the program or project goals are drafted in accordance with the S.M.A.R.T. method.
- Assists in the development of sustainability communications and outreach plans for website, social media, and public presentations for government, the public and other interest groups.
- Reviews, evaluates and makes recommendations of all new sustainable initiatives to ensure they meet the agencies policy commitment, systems processes, methodologies and culture.
- Reviews all certification requirements related to Green, LEED, Sustainability and Energy Star are met.
- Develops systems for monitoring and evaluating PHA’s compliance with stated goals and objectives.
- Keeps abreast of and updates staff on new legislation, standards and federal regulations affecting PHA’s sustainability goals and initiatives.
- Provides management with progress reports, alerting them to problems and issues.
- Meets on a regular basis with various groups to keep informed of concerns, exchange information and promote understanding of PHA sustainability initiatives and activities.
- May perform other duties as needed.