Who We Are
PACDC works to create an equitable city where every Philadelphian lives, works, and thrives in a neighborhood that offers an excellent quality of life.
What is our Mission?
As a membership association, we foster strong community development corporations and non-profit community organizations by enhancing their skills and advocating for resources and policies to create a just and inclusive Philadelphia.
PACDC values equity, collaboration, integrity, being impactful, and is passionate about Philadelphia.
- We value equity. We understand that our city, nation, and world contain structural advantages for some, and disadvantages for others, often along lines of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, physical ability, religious belief, and age. We approach our work by recognizing that these inequities exist, and by promoting equity in the policies we seek to advance, the programs we provide for our members, and the platforms we have control of or influence over.
- We work in collaboration. Our work is of higher quality when we listen to diverse perspectives, consider alternative points of view, and value out-of-the-box thinking. We also believe that when people come together to achieve a goal, and are truly appreciated and welcomed, it increases buy-in and ownership in ways that lead to success.
- We have integrity. We have a responsibility to both act and serve our members with integrity. That means being honest and transparent, and investing the resources entrusted to us wisely and ethically.
- We seek to be impactful. We care deeply that our work and the work of our members makes an impact on communities throughout Philadelphia. PACDC collaborates with our members to seek out opportunities to work on structural problems that won’t be solved overnight. We support members’ work that will result in a better quality of life for all Philadelphians.
- We are passionate about Philadelphia and its people. We are drawn to this work out of a deep love of Philadelphia and the people in it. We find joy in celebrating what makes us uniquely Philadelphians, which includes our diverse cultures, and our resilience in the face of adversity.