Jun 04, 2019 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- For cooperatives and collectives that feel stymied about how to get a whole bunch of humans on the same page about money. One challenge of start up cooperatives is getting all worker-owners up to speed on business financial concepts and the basic literacies needed to understand money in a cooperative. This workshop will cover basic concepts and practices for getting everyone on the same page.
- We’ll cover:
- Key practices and metrics for all worker-owned cooperatives to use
- Value and decision making frameworks around money
- How to approach compensation, especially for different kinds of work
- Basic projections: how to create them and how to track them for collective financial goal setting and growth.
- Participants will leave with tools and practices to implement.
This workshop is for existing democratic businesses and cooperatives that already have revenue and are actively selling products or services. Not for idea-stage co-ops or traditional solo-owner or partnership-structured businesses.