Parkway Central Library
Aug 01, 2018 9:00am - 1:00pm
The sustainable nonprofit: rarer even than the mythical unicorn? Not so! PANO and the Regional Foundation Center are teaming up to co-host “From Surviving to Thriving” in Philadelphia to demystify and bring to life conversations about, with, and for local nonprofits on the path to sustainability.
This half-day program will feature:
- A panel of local organizations and funders sharing honest insights into the challenges, realities, lessons learned, and successes along their journeys toward sustainability for their own organizations and for others
- Your choice of one of three workshops that will take you deeper into specific strategies for sustainability at your organization
- Food – did we mention breakfast is on us?
Throughout the morning, participants will:
- Define the concept of sustainability for their own organization, recognizing that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to sustainability
- Learn from and contribute to the “wisdom in the room” around successes, challenges, frustrations, and innovations in building and maintaining sustainable organizations
- Identify strategies for sustainability at their organization
- Meet other local organizations and nonprofit professionals with whom to continue the conversation and/or collaborate for stronger impact in our communities