Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, includes benefits
Expected start date: May 1 2023.
Friends of the Rail Park is the 501c3 organization on a mission to build bold, transformative and inclusive public space that connects Philadelphia’s residents and visitors to the city and each other. For more information, please visit therailpark.org
Friends of the Rail Park (FRP) seeks an enthusiastic Operations Associate to join our team. We are looking for a proactive, highly organized solution finder. Creativity is encouraged – you will play a key role in discovering new ways to grow FRP’s community and volunteer base, enhance our programmatic offerings, and generally ensure that Philadelphia is served by the Rail Park in bigger, better ways for years to come.
The Operations Associate will work with the Executive Director, staff, and board to ensure Rail Park events, meetings, and day-to-day operations are administered smoothly and effectively. This position reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management (50%)
- Manage park stewardship activities, including volunteer planting and clean up events
- Create project and event supply lists, source and order materials as needed
- Collect, and process volunteer releases, evaluations pre- and post-event
- Serve as FRP’s Parks and Rec and Park Friends Network liaison
- Complete Park Friends permit applications; administer successful applications
- Manage special event and tour inquiries, scheduling, and calendars
- Occasionally represent FRP at community meetings and events
- Provide support to Rail Park projects, programs, and events as needed
Operations & Administration (50%)
- Process invoices and track expenses using Quickbooks and Bill.com
- Update or edit documents and contracts from templates
- Manage merchandise inventory and order fulfillment
- Track supplies and equipment and reorder as necessary
- Develop administrative systems and optimize office operations
- Oversee grant contracts and reporting requirements; organize supporting materials related to grant administration
- Maintain highly organized and accurate administrative tools, folders, files, work plans, calendars
- Establish and maintain record keeping templates and archiving systems for Committee and Board meetings
- Support the preparation of meeting agendas, supplemental materials and follow-up as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn and be coached
- Collaborative spirit with a strong sense of accountability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Ability to think and work independently with superior attention to detail
- Comfort and confidence in a front-line role, excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Interest in collecting, sorting, analyzing, and interpreting data to maximize digital tools
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend events and attend evening meetings
- Mandarin or Spanish fluency preferred
- 2+ years of experience preferred
Send a single PDF labeled “YourLastName_YourFirstName” to email@example.com that includes:
- A cover letter describing your relevant experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Two references
- Two short writing samples
- Make 2+ stylistic changes to this job description
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of April 7 2023. References will be contacted as the hiring process moves forward.
No phone calls or emails, please.
Friends of the Rail Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer and having a diverse staff is a fundamental principle, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.