Philadelphia VIP, the hub of pro bono in Philadelphia, recruits, trains, and supports volunteer attorneys who provide free legal services to low-income clients.
The Outreach Coordinator will build VIP’s long-term capacity to represent low-income clients with tangled title issues by reforming case processing approaches and building upon existing strategic partnerships with other organizations.
This is a one-year AmeriCorps VISTA position.
Summary of Duties:
– Implement both proactive and reactive strategies designed to reduce the duration of tangled title cases handled by volunteer attorneys.
– Support clients and volunteer attorneys with new client interviews and monitoring case management.
– Coordinate quarterly working group meetings with legal services agencies and research, develop, and plan to implement a cohesive strategy for responding to service gaps.
– Collaborate with community partners to bring tangled title intake services and brief advice into the community.
– Recruit and retain volunteer attorneys in private practice to represent tangled title clients.