Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, technology, targeted outreach, and policy change. Since inception in 2005, BDT has submitted over 800,000 applications, securing over $7 billion in benefits and services. BDT employs more than 170 people and provides enrollment assistance to individuals in six states.
The Chief of Staff will be a member of BDT’s executive team-leading efforts ensuring the organization successfully navigates an extended period of rapid growth and change and reaches higher levels of influence and impact. The Chief of Staff reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will manage the Executive Coordinator.
Summary of Duties:
– Drive the creation and implementation of organization-wide processes and routines addressing issues such as performance management, coordination and alignment, internal communications, and cohesion.
– Work with the CEO and executive team to establish annual, quarterly, and monthly strategic priorities and facilitate workflows advancing them.
– Drive efforts improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the CEO, the executive team, and BDT’s wider group of managers.
– Anticipate and serve as a broker resolving complex issues and disputes, and prevent bottlenecks in decision making and execution in the CEO’s absence.
– Manage CEO preparation for important internal and external meetings and events.
– Staff the directors so that they can manage annual operational goals and the chiefs so that they can manage multi-year strategic goals.
– Ensure timely and high-quality follow-up from board meetings.
– Support the CEO and board chair in board recruitment and oversee new board member orientation.
– At the direction of the CEO, take the lead on cultivating key relationships and impact opportunities outside the scope of existing efforts.
– Represent the CEO at internal and external meetings and events when necessary.