Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here.
The Office of Workforce Development was launched in March 2018 to foster systemic solutions to employers’ human capital challenges and strengthen Philadelphia’s career pathway ecosystem. Reporting jointly to the Commerce Department and the Mayor’s Office of Labor, the Office of Workforce Development is responsible for implementation of Fueling Philadelphia’s Talent Engine, a citywide workforce development strategy aimed at addressing employers’ talent needs and preparing residents for careers in family-sustaining jobs.
The Talent Development Manager will support the Senior Director for Employer Engagement, and the Director of Workforce Partnerships in leading system initiatives focused on workforce talent development. This position develops and maintains partnerships and efforts to create and strengthen pipelines to employment, with a focus on pipelines for youth, and disconnected youth, as well as deepening the general workforce’s connection to postsecondary and training opportunities for all populations.
Summary of Duties:
– Provide support for the initiatives of the Employer Engagement division.
– Provide coordination and direct leadership to projects including Career and Technical Education, Industry Partnership developments, and other projects, as assigned.
– Support the development of systems to build pipelines of talent for targeted industry sectors.
– Develop and execute strategies to increase participation in growing industries (such as: Advanced Manufacturing, Information Technology, Healthcare, Early Childhood Education etc.)
– Coordinate efforts to create pilot programs that reach the Office of Workforce Development’s goals.
– Coordinate systems that expose youth, returning citizens, immigrants, and other under-served populations to employment options.
– Participate on designated committees to ensure alignment of the workforce development strategies and agendas.
– represent the Senior Director of Employer Engagement and the Director of Workforce Partnerships as needed and applicable.
– Work collaboratively to establish system connections to support hardest to serve populations.
– Assist in the coordination of the Employer Engagement team media and communications initiatives.