The mission of Community Ventures is to partner with local neighborhood leadership to develop affordable housing, commercial space and other neighborhood infrastructure. CV also manages all of its rental properties, which currently includes 255 housing units and 6 commercial units.
The Chief Financial Officer will take a leadership role in all financial decision making and operations for Community Ventures (CV), a non-profit housing and mixed-use developer operating in Philadelphia.
This position is anticipated to be 16 to 24 hours per week.
Summary of Duties:
– Manage the day-to-day accounting and financial operations of CV and its affiliated limited partnerships.
– Develop budgets for the agency and all affiliates.
– Assist in the production of budgets for development projects; Monitor project budgets as construction progresses and projects are placed into service.
– Prepare, analyze and present financial reports for CV and all affiliates on a quarterly and annual basis.
– Prepare all program financial reporting required for public and private funding sources.
– Supervise the Accounts Receivable and Accounts payables functions, as carried out by the Financial Manager.
– Prepare all billings for administrative and construction costs related to ongoing development projects.
– Actively manage cash flow to meet organizational needs.
– Monitor changes in legal, regulatory and administrative environments and implement changes in procedures needed to maintain compliance while maximizing operational and financial results.
– Manage the organization’s insurance policies, (1) seeking to reduce costs by requesting competitive bids at least once every three years and (2) meeting CV’s changing needs as it takes projects through the development, construction and management stages.
– Act as CV’s primary liaison with its independent auditor to ensure the annual audits for CV and its affiliates are completed smoothly and in a timely manner, according to the needs of CV’s partners and funders.
– Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal taxes returns for CV and all affiliates.