The Community Coordinator works in the Department of Neighborhood Revitalization and reports to the Director of Strategic Partnerships. The position is 50% in the field and 50% in the office.
Summary of Duties:
– Work with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to develop and facilitate long-term, resident-driven neighborhood improvement strategies and plans.
– Organize, partner and support community stakeholders as necessary to create and maintain affordable housing opportunities within the target neighborhood/s.
– Provide residents with information about initiatives, resources and opportunities within the neighborhood, including outreach for Habitat programs.
– Collect, track and aggregate resident feedback including coordinating large-scale field data collection.
– Provide capacity building assistance to community groups for neighborhood improvement including support for implementation of neighborhood communication plans.
– Organize, promote, and conduct community meetings, briefings, special events and projects.
– Organize community advocacy efforts and represent Habitat in other city-wide advocacy coalitions.
– Manage and supervise AmeriCorps member.
– Support HFHP’s Grants Manager in developing applicable funding proposals and to compile relevant grant reports to funders.