At Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia (“HFHP”), we are builders who work alongside, not for others. We are driven by accountability and defined by our stick-to-itiveness.
The Family Services Program Manager is responsible for managing Habitat Philadelphia’s Homeownership Program from the selection of new future homeowner families to pre-closing. The Manager will manage program staff and provide supervision for all case management responsibilities for active Homeownership participants. S/he will manage support services to selected families throughout this process and ensure that selected families are qualified, prepared and educated homebuyers. The Program Manager will mentor families throughout their time in the program and help to resolve problems that impede their success in the program.
Summary of Duties:
– Bi-annual application process: Process applications, conduct home visits, work with Family Services Committee to select applicants, present selected applicants to Board.
– Supervise the Homeownership Program and its staff.
– Point person for communications with currently enrolled families.
– Organize and conduct homeowner education workshops during the home construction process to prepare homeowners for the responsibilities of homeownership.
– Monitor and track any and all sweat equity hours, escrow savings, IDA participation, and workshop attendance in Salesforce.
– Work with families to prepare and ensure that settlement savings goals are met.
– Work with families to manage the complex & time-sensitive timelines in each stage of the pre-settlement phase.
– Liason between Habitat staff, construction site supervisors, committee members, and families- policy & procedure, construction, scheduling, finances, sweat equity.
– Maintain partnerships with various nonprofits that can offer additional (education, job training, etc) services to future homeowners.
– Serve on the Financial Services Committee and act as recruiter for additional members.
– Manage and match Family Advocates Volunteers to enrolled families.
– Coordinate and manage IDA savings program- tracking & reporting
The application is due by July 31st.