The Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation (PHDC), a non-profit organization funded primarily by the City of Philadelphia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
PHDC is looking for a Senior Development Specialist to join it’s Land Management team. A Senior Development Specialist performs highly specialized and technical work in support of public and privately assisted programs and projects generally designed to produce community development projects including, but not limited to, business, economic and residential developments. Employees in this class perform duties under the general supervision and assignment of the Vice President of Land Management.
Summary of Duties:
– Provide training for subordinate Development and Housing Development Specialist, and monitor their work assignments.
– Contact with representatives of community groups, contractors, other agency departments and related housing agencies to coordinate project activities.
– Assist in monitoring residential development, economic development, and other activities.
– Monitors subordinate staff which assist in the development and implementation of special projects.
– Prepare and disseminate appropriate materials for marketing Technical Assistance Services.
– Prepares recommendations to administrative supervisor for changes in staffing and program procedures and policies to improve operating efficiency.