Founded in 2003, the Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians’ mission is to accelerate immigrant integration and economic advancement through education, training, employment, entrepreneurship, and civic engagement. We seek to open doors of economic opportunity for immigrants. By doing so, we enhance the economic development of the city and the state. Our organization believes that immigrants strengthen the productivity, profitability, and stability of this region and contribute to Pennsylvania’s and the nation’s economic growth.
Reporting to Business Development Director, the Business Technical Assistance Provider is an essential part of the Welcoming Center’s team. The Community Business Technical Assistance Provider works directly with the community and small businesses in Pennsylvania’s 200th Legislative District in northwest Philadelphia. Upon completion of a mandatory training in market research, social media marketing, business planning and grants application, the Technical Assistance Provider will be responsible for:
- Conducting market research through interviews, databases, outreach, surveys, etc.
- Mapping existing community assets, verifying secondary data using maps
- Correcting discrepancies by canvassing specific areas door-to-door including commercial corridors and documenting and reporting the information gathered
- Providing market research, social media, and grant application support to neighborhood businesses
- Collecting household, demographic, and other related information about community assets, as needed
The Community Business Technical Assistance Provider must be able to compile a report reflecting the work undertaken. Working in tandem with WCNP staff as well as legislative district staff is an essential component of this position.