We hope this message finds you healthy and safe during this crisis. PACDC staff will continue to work from home until it’s safe to reopen our offices. Our 2020 Gala & Awards Ceremony has been rescheduled to Thursday, June 25th.
As we monitor the impact of COVID-19 in our neighborhoods, our staff and board of directors are all-the-more committed to building an Equitable Philadelphia and supporting our members at this time.
PACDC released a policy agenda calling for protections for renters, home owners, small businesses, and the non-profits that serve them, to help Philadelphia make it through the immediate COVID-19 crisis.
COVID-19 Resource Directory
We’re going to be honest here: We have more questions than answers, but with your support and collaboration, we will meet this challenge together. As a first step, our staff has compiled this COVID-19 Resource Directory for both our members and fellow Philadelphians looking to receive and offer help.
Neighborhood Materials for Distribution
Encourage Your Neighbors to Stay Home
As trusted sources of vital information, Philly’s CDCs, NACs, RCOs, and other community organizations are uniquely well-suited to persuade our neighbors to stay home. To help, here are several important COVID-19 resources developed by or in conjunction with health professionals locally:
- Information on why wearing a mask or face covering is important can be found here.
- Information on making your own mask can be found here or in printable PDF form here.
- A fun Mr. Potato Head demonstration on proper mask wearing can be found here.
- Advice for small businesses can be found here.
- Some examples of great social media posts created by City Council can be found here and here.
- Here is a poster on best practices for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Here is a poster that highlights additional steps folks can take to prevent the spread of germs.
- Here are some talking points developed for sharing information with community members.
- The Philadelphia Department of Public Health has created an array of materials that can be found here.
The City’s Business Activity and Stay at Home Order took effect Monday, March 23rd at 8 AM. The order remains in effect until further notice.
To receive the most up-to-date information in this rapidly changing environment, please visit Philadelphia’s COVID-19 site to receive the most up-to-date information. You can also sign up to receive text alerts by texting COVID19-PHL to 888777. To speak to a healthcare professional 24/7, dial 800-722-7112.